Does this look like a boy?? or just the umbilical cord??

I ahd my sonogram done about 19 weeks, and the tech determined it to be a girl.. but now that i'm looking at the picture, im starting to have second thoughts. What do you guys think?

Photobucket

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l166/babypinky8489/lrg-113317-jet_set_3-13-08__88__-1.jpg

angelinnocence7

Asked by angelinnocence7 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• boy!
    brittany320

Answer by brittany320 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• its probaly the cord If you are concearned you could ask your dr to double check.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• that looks like the cord to me..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Definatly a girl. A boy, you would see the testicals so it looks like a turtle. they actualy call it a turtle shell.
    MykolMommy

Answer by MykolMommy at 1:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I had a girl and my ultrasound looked similar to that. The boy ones that I have seen seem to be much more prominent.

If you go to http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/ultrasounds/l/bluspic2aaaaai.htm - it shows a boy ultrasound pic from 19 weeks.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 1:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• only the doctor can really make sense of it. if they said its a girl they probably saw labia didnt they? and if it was a boy, there would very clearly be a scrotum. that could be the cord, u never know. just ask the doctor to check again and ask them to show u the labia
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Looks like a girl. I agree, with my boy I saw more testicles than anything. That looks like the cord to me...
    MCD3

Answer by MCD3 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• That looks like a girl to me.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You NEVER really know for sure until they are in your arms!! My DD looked like taht though, and my DS you could see the testi sack.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• thats a girl, the cord is too far up to be a boy. plus as mentioned above, you would see the sack
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 2:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2008