Maternity Leave

I do not qualify for FMLA but I do thankfully qualify for a leave of absence at work I'm just not sure when I should start it or how long I should take any advice ?

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well like everyone else is saying take a week of before hand and then you can see how things feel.
    How important is your job vs. having a healthy kid?
    Can you quit and get a job in the same field after the child is born?
    Most Employers have to let you go on FMLA? Now I don't know what you are doing?
    But Still I would check in with your Laws a little bit more
    And if so then maybe that is what you should do.
    If all the above wont work then try to take TWO WEEKS OFF See if that is even Possible?
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You should take off work when you have your baby, or whenever you have medical reasons to prevent you from working.. And expect to return in 4-6 weeks whenever your doctor clears you.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was hoping to wait to go into labor to leave work but they ask for a start date and a return date so I'm not sure I don't want to stay out of work to long either b/c I'm a new hire only been there a little over 2 weeks right now and I have never had to do any of this before I worked for family so I left and came back without much hassle but autozone is so confusing lol
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When is your baby due? Put your start date a 5 days to a week before that, just in case the baby comes a little early, use all the time you can, put end date at the end of 6 weeks
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Due 9/24/2010 but dr.s are expecting at least a week early b/c of his size and all thats why I'm so confused on when to start it lol
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010