I got a few stretch marks from this pregnancy and feel very insecure my husband says Im still beautiful but I dont feel like it what should i do any advice

I got a few stretch marks from this pregnancy and feel very insecure my husband says Im still beautiful but I dont feel like it what should i do any advice. I use bio oil twice a day so its not like im not doing anything to help them

ashleydjgc

Asked by ashleydjgc at 5:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 2 (-35 Credits)
  • Realize that you made an awesome trade. You traded in perfect skin for a baby! That's what I always tell myself. My stomach may not be beautiful, but my son is, and he more than makes up for it! :) Trust your husband when he says he finds you beautiful. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They are battle scars, and you have earned them! wear them proudly... They are the mark of motherhood, and you shouldn't be ashamed of them.

After 3 pregnancies, I am covered in them, but after losing the baby weight and getting my body back I proudly sport a bikini. I earned them, and anyone who doesn't want to see can look the other way.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Mederma has a cream for stretch mark scars now... I used the Merderma scar healer on mine and they have virtually disappeared, granted it took a while because I didn't use it every day but it worked nonetheless
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you work out, and eat healthy over the next couple of years those scars will start to fade...

I have a few, am as in shape as anyone can be, and they are hardly noticable.. I try to keep a little bit of a tan to.. helps make them less noticable..

FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 5:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The only thing you can do is love yourself despite your flaws. They are to be seen as signs of strength, love, and life. Learning to accept things that are not ideal, is a huge part of parenting, this is just getting you started on that. :) I have a ton too and I just know I'm a mom now, I'm not going to be flashing my body all over the place anyway, so who cares.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 5:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Im sorry that you feel that way, but as an above poster said, Mederma does work!!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am proud of every freeking stretch mark I have from all of my pregnancies.
    Belly and Legs.
    Wearing Bikini's is For Tweens and Teens.
    Just start wearing a one peace.
    Your sex life will go one weather you have them or not.
    Life is better when you have something to show how many kids you have had.
    And yes Maderma Daily dose wonders for stretch marks and saggy skin.
    Just like all the above Mom's said.
    It was worth it and It surely is.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Believe your husband!! All my guy friends that are married say the number one thing that affects the intimacy after having kids is the insecurity of their women. The men say they really do find them sexy get frustrated the women do not believe them. The scars will fade to white lines and will become less and less noticeable. My suggestion for you until they do fade is accentuate what you do have. Buy lingere that enhances your bust but then goes to a skirt of dress. That way your waist and thighs are covered(depending on where you have the stretch marks). If your man prefers lights on (since men are visual) why not have candles lit. It will give you a nice glow but not too much so. You make subtle changes until you gain confidence back! And as for tanning, whenever I tan the skin around them gets dark but the lines stay white so they are actually much more noticeable for me.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010