What happen if I skip taking prenatal pills ? I really hate them and forget taking them alot.

sadiah

Asked by sadiah at 1:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't take mine for a good two or three months because they made me sick. Whatever you don't take in vitamins or eat, your baby will take from your body. If you can't stomach them, try taking Flintstones gummies or chewables. They taste fantastic and won't make you sick. But yeah...think of all the women who go without any prenatal care at all and still have healthy babies. You can go without vitamins, but it's highly recommended because it'll be detrimental to your body in the long run if you aren't ingesting extra vitamins for the baby.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I TOOK juice plus,, no sickness
    032108

Answer by 032108 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• you should try your best to take some sort of vitamin. most of us don't eat the foods we need to eat to take in the proper amount of vitamins. it's very important for babies growth and development. put them in your bathroom beside your sinnk if you have to. wherever you are every morning tat will help you remember
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• nothing will happen, u wont suddenly lose ur baby. they are just multivitamins with the extra folic acid and nutrients a pregnant woman needs. u could stop taking them forever and ur baby would be fine. i never took any at all cuz i had such bad nausea, and i've started taking them in my 7th month, but i still dont take them every day cuz i hate them. its not a big deal.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• A lack of folic acid can lead to birth defects. You are also more likely to experience tooth decay during pregnancy because the baby takes calcium away from you. - these are two reasons that doctors prescribe prenatal vitamins. If you can't take the prenatal vitamins you have, I would recommend eating a cereal that is high in folic acid and other vitamins and minerals. The milk will provide calcium and vit D. Some cereals have a lot of the vitamins and minerals you need right now and may be less likely to make you sick. The extra fiber will help you also.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have never taken mine ...and seem not to be having any trouble :)
    sweetheart27766

Answer by sweetheart27766 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Take them at night right before bed. I have not skipped one, I'd feel too guilty doing it. I am willing to do pretty much anything it takes to make sure I have a healthy baby. If I were you, I'd try taking them before bed to see if it makes any difference.
    Anonymous

• nothing will "happen" but your baby will not be as healthy as it could be if you take them. You can take any vitamin though, even kids vitamins. Just make sure you take some sort of vitamin or you will feel more tired and your baby will get the nutrition it needs no matter what. Some women have lost their teeth, some have had major problems from low iron and other vitamins that are low. i take my vitamins every day because I don't want my lil guy to take the nutrition I need
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i know a couple of people that never took them! i was really good for like the first four months then i would be forgetful, they are suppose to help alot by giving your baby the vitamins he/she needs! they also have stuff in them that help the brain and other parts grow better! I would take them the best i could if i were you if you forget here and there don't worry you become forgetful when you are pregnant hehe i was very forgetful well hope i was helpful take care
    teen_mom_89

Answer by teen_mom_89 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my doc said you can take flinstone vitamens but you have to take three a day to get all the stuff the baby needs but i would be taking them
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008