Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My vagina is itching really bad & its red in the opening what could it be ? TMI adult content

After sex my vagina turned really red on the inside. Then after i took a shower its started itching. could it be a yeast infection or is it because sex was too rough ?

Answer Question

Asked by Lovehurts1 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

Level 10 (404 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • You can get a home test that will tell you if it's a yeast infection or something else.

    Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • yeast infection. i had one once, sex started to hurt, but if I stopped I itched more.. it was nuts! My hubby brought me home these things that were pills that you inserted, felt soooo much better, and you get a cream to put around the opening ..

    Answer by kbishop8688 at 5:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I agree, go get an at home test... or perhaps you were usen a product (condoms, lube, etc..) I used a cheap brand condom a few years back and had a bad allergic reaction to the latex.. or maybe the spermicide...

    if neither... see a doctor asap

    Answer by FITmama2B at 5:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • If it smells fishy then it is probably a Bacterial infection. But to me I would say yeast infection. Get some over the counter medication

    Answer by tinaandavasmom at 5:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I'd get the home test first. If it's not a yeast infection, the medication will make it hurt worst. It could be a bacterial infection. The test will tell you if it's *likely* to be yeast, bacterial, or something else.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Keep the allergic reaction thing in mind if you used condoms, spermicide, or lubricant.

    Answer by SWasson at 6:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I agree with the yeast infection,or you may be allergic to something if you used condoms.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 7:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • A yeast infection or an STD. Go see your Dr to know for sure.

    Answer by vbruno at 12:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.