What book have you read recently?

Was it a summer blockbuster? Was it a self-help book?

I just finished reading "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office 101. Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers." Lois P. Frankel, Ph.D.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just finished Valley of the Dolls. Good book, just kind of odd as it was set in the late 40s. Now reading Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King!! I love HIM!!
    cmadd

Answer by cmadd at 3:59 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• I finished Cure by Robin Cook. It was okay. Not his best. I am currently reading a Sookie Stackhouse book. I am trying to get to 100 before the year's end and I am on 74.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The Elegance of the Hedgehog.  This was a good book but hard to follow at first because there were two different narrators switching between chapters but at the end it was pulled together. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The last book I finished was Alice in Wonderland (I'd never read it). I haven't started reading Through the Looking Glass yet, but I want to. I'm currently reading the first Night World book. I'm on part two, or the second book, or whatever. I think it's three books in one big book, but I'm not sure.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I just finished reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and I recommend it to everyone!! It was great!! Also, I read a couple of Jodi Picoult books this summer. I love her books!
    katfranz111

Answer by katfranz111 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When Will There Be Good News- it was really good about how the lives of all these different people intertwine.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• im reading an 'oldie' kathy reich's first temperance brennan novel--deja dead. it is a really good book so far!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I last finished Karen Armstrong's Case for God, and am currently leafing through Philosophy for Dummies and Essential Philosophy, although tomorrow I'm starting A World Without Islam to review it for librarything, lol (its part of their reader review thing where they mail so many copies of books out to members for free, and the members are supposed (although not required) to review it - its just that there are many more requesting the books than get them, lol) It actually looks really interesting (and isn't what it sounds like, if I correctly understand the description). :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010