Do you feel Facebook is "secure"?

Do u feel safe using Facebook? do you not post anything 'personal' for fear of being hacked or identity theft or... stalkers? lol, idk...
I ask because i recently had a relative deny a request to join FB and a FAMILY group i made on FB because he thought it was too 'insecure'. it is a Private group, you have to be invited by a family member or request to join from ME or other admins so its not like anyone would be allowed to see what we discuss... But i just wondered if other people felt this way?

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 6:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, not secure at all - I give out very little info on there. I am also linked to quite a few ppl from work so I keep it real generic.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I really do feel that way about facebook. I never say anything that I wouldn't want to share with the whole world because I just don't really want to put my life on show...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i dont really worry about it... i dont have my phone number, address or credit card number or anything like that on there so its just about as safe as cafemom.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think you have to be careful. My page is 100% private unless you're my friend, and I don't add just anyone. The risky things are the apps. You have to give permission for them to mainly have full access to your account, and that's where hackers get in. Even with my friends, I don't get too personal.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No. I pick and choose who can see things. I would never post my phone number. I don't do the apps. I would never do that new app where we can tell people where we are at.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Ha, ha, ha, ha ... really I don't put anything out there that I wouldn't expect or want the whole world to see. I do have my privacy settings, but a determined hacker could get in if they really wanted to. Because I don't put a lot of private info out there I don't worry too much, but I'm not so foolish as to believe that it is "secure".
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's not secure at all, really. I know people who have had their accounts hacked, and my husband was telling me the other day exactly how you can hack someone facebook account. It's kind of creepy how easy it is. I'm not good with computers at all, and I think I could do it. I don't post many personal things at all. I'll post things I don't mind the world knowing, and that's it. I have pictures of my daughter up, but 99.99% are from when she was a newborn. I only add people I actually know, for the most part (unless it's a friend of a friend that I've met once before or something, I'll add them sometimes if they send me a friend invitation). I'm not extremely worried about it, but I worry enough to be cautious and think twice before posting things.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I do. I had an online stalker on MySpace for about a year (she's here on CM too), and I ended up deleting my account b/c no matter what I did, she always found a way to view my profile (through friends' pages; I couldn't block her entire friends list). On FB, I have damn-near "Classified" status and it must've discouraged her, b/c she got fed up when she couldn't stalk me and deleted HER profile. Stupid effin' bitch...
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• IDK. But I don't post anything personal. I don't have only family, I have friends, too. And there is a certain amount of stuff other people that aren't your friends can see. Some people post their address, or when they are going out of town. I wouldn't ever do that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Facebook is not secure at all not only is it easy to get your account hacked but facebook is selling your personal info and pics to make money without your consent. You don't even know this is happening until one day you find one of your personal pics on the Internet somewhere where you weren't some people have even seen there pics in ads in other countries. It is crazy that is why I don't have a facebook and never will!
    MrsToews101

Answer by MrsToews101 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010