wedding gift help

I'm going to my dad's friends wedding here in like 2 weeks, her and her fiance have been living together for a few years, what should I get her as a wedding gift?

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 6:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• i think i already answered this other day.

your supposed to give money for a wedding. your supposed to cover your food/seat at the wedding at least and maybe a little extra.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Are they registered at any stores? I think you should look into that and see if there is anything they need. If they don't have a registry, then perhaps a gift card, or something sentimental that they can have to always remind them of their special day. Precious Moments has a lot of beautiful figurines for weddings. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You could get a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• One of the best wedding/shower gifts I got was a bag full of cleaning supplies - cleaner, sponges, towels, storage bins. It was all stuff I wouldn't want to spend money on and it's lasted over a year! I thought it was creative.
    abifasc

Answer by abifasc at 6:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would not buy them a gift. In fact, I would not attend a wedding such as this. They've been living together, and if they want to make it official now, they should have just gotten married and not made a big deal of it. Just send them a card and stay home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would see if they have a registry anywhere and buy them something of that. If not, then a gift card for an amount you feel comfortable with will work. You are not required to give money, or give something that you think equals the cost of your food/drink. If they invited you, you're wanted there and I'm sure they would be happy getting a card if that was all that you could afford!
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• if you feel the need to give a gift you could always just give a card with a gift certificate (We loved all the Target gift cards we got at our wedding)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 7:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I like the gift certificate to a nice restaurant idea.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with the ladies that suggest getting them something off their registry. If they don't have one and own their own home then I would go with Lowes or Home Depot card.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My favorite is to make a "breakfast in bed" kit! You can do this as simply or extravagently as your budget allows: a bed tray, two each of champagne glasses, plates, forks, knives, cloth napkins; a bud vase, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2010