I think they're going to try to take her away......

I don't know what to do anymore.. I have horrible anxiety because of this, even though I know I'm doing good. My parents think I'm the worst mother in the world.. they think everything at home is far worse than they are. They called CPS on me a few months ago, and the referal was dropped because nothing was wrong here at home. They're still thinking the worst and I think theyre going to try to take her away. I can't deal with this anymore.. I need advice. I'm so sick of crying and being worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Oh my. I am so sorry. I can't believe your own parents are doing this. What are they saying though that they think you are doing so bad?
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• File a restraining order and charge them with harrasment. If they keep reporting you to CPS and you have been cleared and they keep trying to take your kid away, that is harrassment and they can't do that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• If there is no reason for them to I don't think you should be worried. You should talk to cps when ever they vist and ask what to do.
    MOM_OF_FOUR_00

Answer by MOM_OF_FOUR_00 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• *poster*They assume the worst of the worst.. that we go out drinking instead of taking care of her.. NOT TRUE, they think I never feed or bathe her.. MOST DEFINITELY NOT TRUE, they think my main concern is that I should have fun and I'm selfish towards her. NONE of it is true.. I'm so good to my daughter, she's my everything. She's healthy, sooooo smart, and so outspoken for a 3 year old. I hope they don't resort to calling CPS again, it's such a waste of everyones time! But if it does happen again, I WILL get a restraining order against them. Thanks you guys.
    Anonymous

• Why do they think these things? We went through something like this with my MIL. She came over one day & my laundry was sorted on the living room floor (our laundry room is literally a closet off the LR), DS' toys were scattered about & I hadn't done the dishes from the night before. She just WALKED in, no knocking or w/e and freaked out at me about the condition of my apartment. Then called CPS and told them we weren't providing a fit environment for DS. At the time, I was working 2 jobs and hubby was working full-time and going to school... so yeah, our house got messy sometimes. It wasn't the norm. And the CPS investigator literally laughed when he came to our apartment to check it out.
    AaronsMommy1015

Answer by AaronsMommy1015 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my hubbys aunt would do this to me and my hubby and the would not find anything at all, they have gotten to the point they just wrote her off and they would call and let me know when she does this calling bit but they never come and check anymore...
    Anonymous

• im so sorry my grandmother tried that crap on me with my son .. but they cant do anything unless there is something actually wrong with the enviroment the baby or child lives in im sorry you have to deal with thiis its wrong
    Anonymous

• I think the best thing you can do is keep on being a good mommy to your child, if there's nothing to find things will be ok. If they call CPS too many times they'll be the ones who get charged. I hope your parents realize the harm they're causing. Best wishes.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thanks everyone.. so much!
    Anonymous