Question about blood tests.....

how long do i have to wait to do a blood test my first day of my missed period was Aug. 5th. and how many weeks do i have to wait for it to come back positive??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would go ahead and get a blood test done. If you are pregnant then it will come up positive once they are done doing the test.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yeah, i don't think you have to wait nearly as long for an accurate result on a blood test as you do for a HPT or other urine test...
    you should be able to do it now
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• in fact, you are far enough past that a urine test would most likely work too (unless you in that % of people who never get accurate readings on a HPT for whatever reason...)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had a tubal ligation like 6yrs ago n for the past week ive been having all the pregnancy symptoms and more...But my problem is I just had my period about two wks ago n not suppose to start for another full 2 weeks. I know im not imagining this ive been pregnant three times its not my first go around if u know what I mean...I took an at home test and a blood test..both are negative, but i feel its to early for anything to be acurate..I really need feed back ladies im stressin so bad..what do yall think..the worst of my symptoms have been having is low back ache, extreme nausea anytime of the day, extremly sencitive to smells, headaches, and heartburn!!!!
    cthreeton

Answer by cthreeton at 7:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If your already late..you can get a definiate answer by blood test now..But a home pregnancy test will surely get an accurate answer by now. Try the home test, if your not convienced of your answer, go to ur dr. to get a blood test or urine test..they pick up earlier hormone levels than at home test..
    cthreeton

Answer by cthreeton at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• see i have 3 positive home pregnancy tests and i went and got a blood test when i was 14 days late for my period and it came back negative. but the home pregnancy tests came back positive.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2010