Baby nipples

So lately I have noticed that my 3.5 month old's nipples are hard under the skin. I didn't really think anything of it until someone was shocked that they felt like that. We are going to the doctor in a few days for her shots anyway so I will ask then but what do you think it could be?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, If she was younger I would say it was your hormones still in her system but at 3.5 months I'm not sure... I don't remember how long that can last. My daughter had 'bumps' and even some vaginal spotting for the first few week which I learned was normal woth a baby girl. Just like a boys penis and testicles can be enlarged at birth for a few weeks.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I looked it up and it said these symptoms can last for several months. Some baby girls even have a small amount of discharge from the nipples called' witches milk'    ::LINK::

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Okay thank you
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 5:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010