so I will be able to contribute to the bills. Should I take the position?

I have a great oppurtunity to futher my job but it means I will be home less. I will get a higher income so I will be able to contribute to the bills.

shawna694

Asked by shawna694 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• That completely depends on you and your family and no one here can tell you should or should not do. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think you will have to weigh in the pros and cons of taking the position, you and hubby should discuss the benefits of the job as well as the negatives, if one outweighs the other then I would go with that...sometimes the money doesn't really compensate the time you will be away from home. I've always worked, my last position was my job, looking back 3 years later getting laid off was probably one of the best things that has happened, I was able to find a job at the same level, a little less money but not with all the stress and I work for a family friendly business which helps with the kids. Good luck to you!

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• *tell you "what you" should
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Establish your career, and get a great jump on savings for college and retirement

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I agree that only you can decide what's best for you and your family/situation. For me being home with my girls was way more important than bringing in more money so I choose to find ways to save money as well as make money from home. This was I am still contributing on top of being here for my family. But that's what was best for ME so it might not be what's best for you. I would just sit down and really think hard on how you'll feel if you are away more and if it's something that you will be ok with.

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 12:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I am with Chrisitna. I work PT outside the house and just started working from home. The home business is doing good and I can't wait to be able to be home full time with my kids (3 of them) Money is good but spending time with my kids is priceless. I think you need to decide yourself though, sit down and think of the pros and cons. If you need help with a home business let me know
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• That's a tough question. How old are the kids? And do you want to work outside the home right now?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:07 AM on Aug. 22, 2010