If You Have A Bible With The Words Of Christ In Red...

If you have a Bible w/ the words of Christ in red, then can you please tell me if Rev 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last" are in black or in red?

Which verson/translation is it? KJV? NKJV? NAB? NIV? Other?

Is that one verse quoted above different in your version in any way?

Thanks!

flatlanderjenn

Asked by flatlanderjenn at 6:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here are some notes regarding this passage and the surrounding ones: Rev. 22:12–16 Jesus speaks (v. 16), promising to come soon (see vv. 7, 20), affirming his divine eternity (v. 13) and messianic authority (v. 16), and pronouncing the book's final of seven benedictions (v. 14; see note on 1:3). bringing my recompense. As the Divine Warrior of Isa. 62:10–63:6, Christ will come to repay everyone for what he has done, rewarding faithful servants and punishing every evildoer. “Recompense” (Gk. misthos, “wages, reward”) indicates degrees of reward for believers and punishment for unbelievers (cf. Luke 12:47–48; and 1 Cor. 3:14–15 with note).

Rev. 22:13 the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last. See note on 21:6. Eternal life and lordship characterize God (1:8) and his Christ, who is coming soon (1:17; 2:8).
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no, typically the red letters are just in the gospels (matthew, mark, luke and john)
    revelation is an account of a vision that john had while was imprisoned on the isle of patmos
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's written in red and it's the NKJV
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes, it is in red. In both the King James and the New American Standard.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Here's the ESV translation ... and yes, it's in red

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oops. And it reads the same as yours in both translations.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• elizabiza

Jesus spoke to John in the revelation .... He kind of has to ... Revelation is about the coming of His Kingdom.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• it is in mine (NIV), but in one of my dh's, its written in black (NRSV). also, the wording is a little different, sort of.. "i am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.''
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My Living Bible has it in black, my NIV has it is red.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have a KJV published by Nelson and the words are in red.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 9:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010