What does everyone think about the muslim worship center on ground zero?

opinions?

i'm totally against it

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 6:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, at this point I don't care what happens with it. I'm just sick of hearing about it, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have no issue with it.

It's not "at" Ground Zero. It's close by.. It's not just a mosque it's a community center that also happens to have a mosque in it, along with many other things.

I don't consider the old Burlington Coat Factory building to be some sort of hallowed or sacred ground though.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it doesn't and won't exist. the proposed community center/mosque is planned for two blocks away.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Whatever happens we should try and make the best of it. We made friends with almost everyone else we went to war with. I try not to have an opinion.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I understand every body is a little sensitive about it. But not all Muslims are the same as the 9/11's where.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They have over 100 mosques in nyc. Why there? so many people bend over backwards in this country to not offend, and this offends so many so why there? Im against it obviously.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think the familys of everyone we lost in 9/11 would be truly & probably rightfully offended by it. & Not just them. To me, It just doesnt seem right, but ofcourse that is only my opinion. Im sure I will probably get a bunch of vote downs for it, lol.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no, not all muslims are bad but to put it there is wrong and disrespectful... I understand that the majority of americans don't give a shit.... but married to someone who works for our government and fights for my freedom I do have strong opinions about this matter...

I can only imagine how many people who had a loved one die there is going to feel.... that site should be treated as a memorial... period
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't care. I truly, honestly, 100% do not care. I did not care when I first heard about it and I do not care about it now.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have to say I agree w/ you, FITmama2B, and okmommy08.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010