Anxiety / Meds / Preterm Labor

I have been completely stressed / depressed for a week. I'm 29 weeks pregnant. I called the OB and went to the ER for some help. They prescribed BuSpar. This is category B. My level of stress was such a high degree I was worried about stressing the baby and premature labor. Just wondering about anyone else's experience with this during pregnancy, particularly this medicine. I have taken one and I feel alot calmer whereas I have been crying and raging nonstop for days. This has got to be better for the baby than the state I was in, hardly sleeping and eating. I don't really have an appetite and I'm sweating alot though. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I can only hope that your doctor knew what (s)he was doing. I didn't know you could take anit-depressants or anti-anxiety meds during pregnancy. But certainly, being stressed like you were is not good for your blood pressure or the baby. I would get a second opinion though.
    sandif

Answer by sandif at 7:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would call your doctor just to see if it's normal for you to be feeling like your feeling. There's no harm in asking! Best wishes to you...I hope you feel better! xo
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I started to take zoloft when I was 15 weeks pregnant. I was told by 3 diff. doctors that zoloft is safe I don't think they would have given you something that would hurt your baby.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i have had alot of experience with depression and i know when to get help now... this is way beyond normal, even for pregnancy hormones. i don't plan on taking these unless i feel out of control - it's BuSpar - which supposedly takes time, but my lovely chemical sensitivity is such that i respond immediately (like i did on paxil many years ago). i was just wanting to hear from other people who have been down this road - as it is i've been feeling incredibly alone, so looking for less of that feeling. i have an appt on tue with the ob so we'll see how it goes until then.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Buspar and Zoloft are two of the safest things to take during pregnancy. My OB always tells me that it is better to treat the problem than to allow the baby to be inside a stressed out Mother.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You are feeling just like me Sister,
    Hey it's not that bad.
    You ought to read the question I posted just last night.
    I hope you do.
    It is going to get better.
    Life dose go on.
    And Remember you are pregnant those are hormones that are messing with your brain, body and spirit.
    Just Calm Down, Watch A Good Movie, Take a Nap, Or even go for a Drive and get some Air.
    Come ON It is going to be fine.
    Someone gave me some not so kind advice with my question.
    SO I am doing what my heart is saying.
    Being nice,
    Good Luck!!!
    My Only hope is that you are not having Twins.
    Yikes,
    Well Best of LUCK!!!
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2010