Do you remember when...

...during the health care debate, Democrats repeatedly stated that your health care costs would go DOWN under their plan?!

“Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year.”
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/obama-health-care-promise.jpg

And Republicans said there was no way employers would just absorb the extra costs Obamacare was hitting them with, and would pass them onto the employees?!

Well, guess who was right?!
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-08-18/paychecks-to-shrink-because-of-higher-health-premiums.html

"63% of businesses plan to make employees pay a higher percentage of their premium costs in 2011, said the...National Business Group on Health, which surveyed 72 companies that employ more than 3.7 MM people. The survey showed 46% plan to raise the maximum level of out-of-pocket costs."

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• How possibly could everyone be covered and have better coverage without rates going up? That's just nonsense. Why did anyone believe that? The government needs to get out of our lives!
    sandif

Answer by sandif at 7:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I call bs on young wifey
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Are those crickets I hear?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Ladies, Ladies - Just give him time! Geez - you can't fix a mess in just ONE year!

(sarcasm for you that still have your heads in the sand)
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yup ... looks like it wasn't fear-mongering afterall ... did you hear that there still won't be coverage for things like cancer and pre-existing conditions? Wasn't that the whole reason for it?
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• This thing is going to be expensive and probably not effective. Hell, it took me almost a year to get my VA disability claim processed. I shudder to think of how this is going to be for people.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i have a great insurance plan or did. I will no longer cuz next year whatever cost my company pays for my insurance will be added onto my income and I will b taxed on it whoo hoo yeah Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Socialized healthcare is not will not be a success. they may make it work but it will not work well.
    bearsbabies

Answer by bearsbabies at 7:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Uh huh, dontcha know costs go down when you spend more money - called Obamanomics. ;0)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Also whatever your employer pays for your insurance will be added to your taxable income on youir w2's
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL! Great point! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010