If we are trying to seperate chuch from state than why the hell does it matter if Obama is Muslim or not?

Being a Muslim doesn't generally categorize a person as a terrorist. Unless there is evidence to prove that he is an extreme follower of the Muslim faith, why is it any of our damn business what God he worships? Why? I don't understand it! It's just another damn thing people need to prove that he was the wrong choice for a president. If he was so wrong than why did the majority of you vote for his ass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Firstly, I'm a Huge Obama fan... Regardless of his faith...
    Secondly, We are NOT a Christian nation and ANYONE from ANY FAITH - including Muslim - has the right to be President... I don't understand what this ongoing obsession with his assumed faith is...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• it amazes me but the seperation between church and state is not actually stated in the constitution, but it is implied and what that MEANS is to protect the church from the government!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't mind as long as faith doesn't influence their decisions and agendas....which I feel like they do even though they're not supposed to (anybody).
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't think it matters. I don't care who anyone, the president included, prays to be it god, the dog, toaster. Whoever/whatever they want.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• To me personally

It doesn't matter.

Religious affiliation means squat to me when considering whether or not someone would be a decent person in public office. No matter the level of that office.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't know or really care about his religion. But IF he is Muslim, he should have said it up front. Anyone that runs for President is obligated to the American public to release that information. And if he lied about it I would be pretty pissed off. I have no clue if he truly is Muslim or not. The Constitution gives us freedom of or from religion. It means that the govt cannot impose religion upon us (state controlled religion) and that we are free to worship as we please.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The separation of church and state is a legal and political principle derived from various documents of several of the Founders of the United States. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution reads "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof .

here you go shan.......

Answer by older at 7:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• To me it doesn't matter.

Answer by older at 7:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Btw, I would not vote for a far right Christian president either. That is why we have a right to know what religion a President is, because they may have an agenda if they have certain religious views.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• This whole issue about is he Muslim, is he Christian. Has made me pause and think.

How many Presidents have we had who claimed to be Christian? Did those Presidents live up to their "Christian Values" and end: War, hunger, poverty, Abortion, etc...etc.. Or was that all lip service just to get elected. Because I haven't seen an end to any of those things in this country yet.

So if religious affiliation matters so much to so many. Especially the idea that the President should be/needs to be Christian. Maybe those people should actually start electing Christians who actually do and act in the manner they say they believe in,. instead of just giving lip service for votes.

Seriously.. We've got some reall good Christians up on Capital Hill.. LOL They live just as Godly and pure as Christ I tell you.. Bwahahaaahaaaaa

Here's an idea look at the person, judge them for who and what they are.Not just their religion
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010