what is a good name for a boy with a last name that starts with "s" I hae some ideas silas anthony, anthony jacob, jacob anthony, silas jacob, jacob silas, charles anthony, anthony chares....?

this is my first child and am looking for a good name for him.

rachel66

Asked by rachel66 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Baby Names

• I like Jacob Anthony.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:38 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• If your last name starts with "s" then I would stay away from a first name that starts with "s." I personally don't care for the alliteration of first and last name starting with the same letter. I think it is OK for the middle name to have the same letter as the last since most people don't go by all of their names all of the time.

I like the sound of Anthony Silas -- BUT with an "s" last name that would make his initials A.S.S. -- eeeek.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Don't forget that children are never called by their middle names--unless they're in trouble! What may sound nice in full, may not in common/everyday use. For example: "Silas Stevens," will sound like "Sila Stevens!"

So make sure you like the first name with the last, and if you use a name that ends in the same letter as their last name begins, that letter will be "lost" when spoken, and can make the name sound awkward!

Try to envision your son being given a special award, and how his name would sound broadcast over a PA system! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2010

• caleb anthony , or caleb silas,
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am just laughing my head off...my hubby is BEGGING me to use the name Silas and I just hate it...lol

Its ok for you, I just dont like it for my son....cant let my hubby see this post...he will say "I told you so" hahahahahahah!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my sons name is Jathan Anthony =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My oldest is Sam (Samuel.) He was named for FIL's childhood bff and cousin Stefan, who died in the Holocaust.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• matthew steven christopher ryan matthew ryan christopher steven jacob allen charles ray anthony lee they all sound good good luck and congrats on the baby
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I like Jacon Anthony.
    HisLove18

Answer by HisLove18 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• like all them, except anthony...i haaaaaaaaaate that name!! but thats my opinion..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010