Fighting with him??

So my DF and I have been together for 2 years and getting ready for a wedding but lately he has had a very short fuse with me. He is snappin at things that normally we can talk about and he is very hurtful with the things he says when he is mad. We had a long talk last night and decided we should do some marriage counseling before the big day and he also appologized alot. But I am getting cold feet cuz I am worried that these kinda fights may just be a part of our relationship and I don't want to live that way? Should I stick it out and try counseling or am I setting myself up for a divorce???

KBKmykids3

Asked by KBKmykids3 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Counseling won't hurt that's for sure...and I'm gonna tell you...take your time. Marriage is a beautiful thing but sometimes a partner can make it really rough to deal with. So, if you're having any feelings of doubt, trust yourself. Do what you need to do to ensure that he is right for you, or wrong. It's easy to marry but not as easy to divorce.
    SugaB28

Answer by SugaB28 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• try the counseling. there will always be problems in a marriage. you work at having a happy marriage. if you love him & he loves you & this is what you want then get the therapy & find out what real issues are present here & then decide if you still want to go through with it. post pone the wedding & take more time. you set your self up for divorce when you give yourself that option. it's like saying if it doesn't work out i'll just get a divorce. truth of the matter is if you feel &think that way you will have lots of marriage & divorces cause frankly most people don't stick it out through thick & thin. you work to keep the spark alive & to commit to your marriage. i would also think about why it's so easy for you to consider not marrying him when he presented another side of him. either you love & accept him. maybe you don't. i got cold feet but knew my level of love & commitment to marriage. i don't regret marrying him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2008