Instead of Is He or Isn't He?, How about... adult content

Who freaking cares!?

I thought this was America; and last time I checked, the 1st Amendment
said this, regarding religion: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

For you simple minds, that means anyone can worship who they want, or not worship at all. I guess the 1st Amendment only gives us the freedom to worship as we're told. Constitutional rights seem to only apply to right-wing, "moral (yeah right) majority". Only if it behooves them. Everyone else be d@mned I guess.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 7:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It shouldn't matter what faith the president follows. It shouldn't even be discussed. The Constitution (Article VI) states that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." End of discussion. Or, at least, it should be.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You'd be correct if our government paid any attention to the Constitution (that goes for both Republicans and Democrats) but they don't. They don't act as a Republic and the violate the Constitution left and right. So your argument falls flat on its face, because the government no longer cares about the Constitution much less the first amendment.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Shouldn't this go over in PC&E? I mena yes it is in regards to our president's religion but at the same time it is discussing the First Ammendment and Article 4 of the Constitution.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I wasn't aware that there was a religious war going on in here. But sure worship whoever you want.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 7:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree..

I don't get the uproar.. It's not like all those other asshats on the hill are actually the "Good Christians' that they claim to be.

I mean really. IF those assholes on the HIll are godly pure devout Christians.. Then I'd rather no more of them be elected into office.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ding ding - winner Pictures, Images and Photos

I couldn't agree more!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I want my country back. The free-to-believe-whatever-floats-your-boat USA. I want my rights back, too--the ones the illegal vampires are sucking out of America to send back to wherever they came from. Maybe I need to check the side effects of my new sleep medication. I've been feeling this way a lot lately.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Couldn't agree more :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yup!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Someone seems a little cranky tonight.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010