my daughter is 3 and has a fever of 99.7 it was 100.3 she is acting fine i thik it was to much sun yesturday we wnet swimming is there anything i can do she is acting like herself jumping playing around

nakita72

Asked by nakita72 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you dont need to worry. i wouldnt even give her anything for it. it sounds like its probably productive(fighting off a little germ) and she will be fine. just keep your eye on it. most pediatricians suggest taking them in if it hits 104
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 8:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• that is just a low grade fever and could be caused by anything (even cutting teeth). i don't worry about fevers under 102.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's nothing to worry about. If you know she got too much sun, just make sure she's drinking enough.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i just hate it when she is sick i feel so damn bad i feel like im the worst mother when she gets sick but i know kids get sick that is part of growing up but im sitting here and she is acting fine smiling laughing acting like her self me im hoping and praying i get some sleep
    nakita72

Comment by nakita72 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nothing to worry about. I'd only give her meds if she starts acting like she isn't feeling well.
    apaxton

Answer by apaxton at 8:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Behavior is more of an indicator then how high or how low a fever is. If she is acting fine, the let it go. Now, if he had a temp and was acting strange, then you worry.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• In my opinion, if she's acting fine, I wouldn't do anything. Just keep and eye on it in case it goes up. If she's totally miserable at night and can't sleep then give her some Motrin. i would rather my little one be comfortable. That's just me.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That is a low Temp. If she is acting fine. Do not worry about it. Just check her temp every once in a while. You do not need to give her anything for it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with everyone else here... 99.7 is just barely above normal... not even considered a fever by some... if she's acting fine then she is fine :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• thats not even a fever.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2010