What would you do?? Please help!

Ok...my daughter will be 2 on Monday. I have a birthday party planned for tomorrow night with just family and few close friends. I have decorated, ordered her cake and her balloons and have bought food. Well, she woke up this morning with a cough and sneeze. She hasn't had a fever, just sounds a lot worse than she is...do I cancel?? Tell people about her and they can come if they want or just outright cancel it?? Thanks for opinions.

By the way, I can't postpone for next weekend, which I thought about b/c her daddy is working...

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well, see how she feels tomorrow... she might wake up and feel just fine
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Just let people know she's not feeling well, so they can opt out if they want to, and plan on having the party, unless she gets really sick.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Don't cancel unless you want to do it for daddy.

Answer by older at 8:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree, give it till tomorrow and see how she feels, she may feel better, but if she still sick let people know and they can make the choice to come or not
    bradensmommy106

Answer by bradensmommy106 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would just let people know she might be coming down with a little cold and let them decide. I would not cancel unless she gets have-to-stay-in bed, kind of sick. Hope everything turns out okay. :)
    apaxton

Answer by apaxton at 8:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Decide tomorrow about whether or not to have the party. If she seems to be contagious- coughing, yucky nose, then cancel, it would be better for her to not get all excited, and better not to spread germs. Call people first thing if you must cancel. Is there a chance, perhaps that you could change until Sunday or an evening when her dad isn't working?

Answer by Bmat at 8:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yeah, don't cancel, just let everybody know, that way they can decide.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 8:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The day before my sons birthday party I was informed that we had been around ChickenPox & didn't know it.. Instead of calling it off, I just warned everyone...

Everyone but my pregnant friend still came.... (Honestly I didn't want her to come bc of the risk.......) & then later found out that it wasn't chickenpox but a rash from working in Bambo.. I was glad I didn't call it off.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nope don't even mention it. Just go on with it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010