Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?? Please help! daughter will be 2 on Monday. I have a birthday party planned for tomorrow night with just family and few close friends. I have decorated, ordered her cake and her balloons and have bought food. Well, she woke up this morning with a cough and sneeze. She hasn't had a fever, just sounds a lot worse than she I cancel?? Tell people about her and they can come if they want or just outright cancel it?? Thanks for opinions.

By the way, I can't postpone for next weekend, which I thought about b/c her daddy is working...


Asked by calliesmommie at 8:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 22 (14,987 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • well, see how she feels tomorrow... she might wake up and feel just fine

    Answer by elizabiza at 8:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Just let people know she's not feeling well, so they can opt out if they want to, and plan on having the party, unless she gets really sick.

    Answer by SWasson at 8:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Don't cancel unless you want to do it for daddy.

    Answer by older at 8:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I agree, give it till tomorrow and see how she feels, she may feel better, but if she still sick let people know and they can make the choice to come or not

    Answer by bradensmommy106 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I would just let people know she might be coming down with a little cold and let them decide. I would not cancel unless she gets have-to-stay-in bed, kind of sick. Hope everything turns out okay. :)

    Answer by apaxton at 8:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Decide tomorrow about whether or not to have the party. If she seems to be contagious- coughing, yucky nose, then cancel, it would be better for her to not get all excited, and better not to spread germs. Call people first thing if you must cancel. Is there a chance, perhaps that you could change until Sunday or an evening when her dad isn't working?

    Answer by Bmat at 8:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Yeah, don't cancel, just let everybody know, that way they can decide.

    Answer by crystalhuskey at 8:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • The day before my sons birthday party I was informed that we had been around ChickenPox & didn't know it.. Instead of calling it off, I just warned everyone...

    Everyone but my pregnant friend still came.... (Honestly I didn't want her to come bc of the risk.......) & then later found out that it wasn't chickenpox but a rash from working in Bambo.. I was glad I didn't call it off.


    Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Nope don't even mention it. Just go on with it.

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010