What's the best toy? What's been the biggest hit at your house?- (I have boys)

I'm already trying to get going on Christmas shopping and so I'm looking for ideas. I have 2 boys an almost 4 yr old, and an 18month old. They have 1000 disney CARS everything, and that has been a 2yr obsession in my house.

So far I bought them a 54 pc set of magformers, and I'm thinking of getting them a big set of duplos, and maybe bristle blocks, they seem to be into building toys lately and since it's not CARS I'm going to run with it! lol. So what the most popular toys in your house with your toddler/preschool kids?

AshleyBDG

Asked by AshleyBDG at 8:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• A little piano we bought last year for our daughter... She absolutely loves it!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 8:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughters favorite toy is my keys, wallet, little tupperwares...pretty much anything I never bought her :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• gee, their keyboard..... anything thomas and friends (but like cars, that's a slippery, slippery slope lol)..... super heroes....... those big cardboard blocks
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My boys had small remote control cars when they were 4 (Lightning McQueen and Mader). They loved them. Other than that they also loved playing with Lego's (the bigger ones), they were also really into building things. And one more thing, have you ever seen the Matchbox pop up sets? (I think Matchbox makes them) They have all of them and they still play with them.....they're 7 & 8 now.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Through out the years.. year after year... LEGO's were always the biggest hit with my son and his toy of choice.. From the big huge little tike LEGO's to the huge things like the Death Star (lol) as the years went by.. LEGO's were always a hit.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter LOVES her little musical instruments. She has a little piano, a guitar, a violin and drums. She loves them!!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 8:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My Son is 3 1/2 and loves his KidKraft Train Table, Kidkraft Garage, Step2 Diner, Step2 Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Center (I don't add sand) & we use it inside in the winter with no water, Small Plastic animals like Ocean, Farm & Dinosaur and of course Cars.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my son is turning 3 and loves hotwheels cars and for his present on is birthday in Nov I bought him a train table with a few thomas trains.. I know when we go to toys r us he can play for hours on that table
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My boys are 4 and 6, and I just recently boxed up all their toys and took them away. They had so many toys, and it was just too hard for them to keep their room clean. Let me tell you it was the best thing I could have ever done for them. It's been about three weeks now, and they don't even miss them. They still have access to legos, pattern blocks, and arts and craft supplies, as well as just a few toy trucks, and iron man dolls. They have been using their imaginations so much, and the creativity that has been flowing out of them these past few weeks has been incredible. They hardly touched their pattern blocks before, and now almost every day a new creature appears on my floor that one or the other boy has created. Almost 30 paper bag puppets have been made. Pictures are drawn. It's really amazing, and I will never again waste my money on any kind of cheap, plastic, character based toys again.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Books, blocks, building sets, craft supplies, and learning kits are now the only things I will buy my boys, or their friends for birthdays and Christmas from now on. It wasn't until I took all the junk away, that I could see just how useless it all was.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010