How did you handle it?

I would like to know how did you handle your cheating spouse? Did you cry,fight,or just walked away? I would like to know... hopefully I can overcome this and stop thinking about him when I know he doesn't even care if I'm alive...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• i haven't experienced and do not expect (who does) to experience a cheating spouse, but i have been cheated on by a number of boyfriends. the majority i left immediately, however, there was one that i did not - it was a one-time thing, pretty sure; i'd just had a baby and there were some extenuating circumstances that allowed me to forgive; confronting the woman (who knew of me and had met me) was cathartic. the relationship didn't end up working out for other reasons. i'm not sure if i could have handled an ongoing thing - maybe i would have tried for a little while, but in the end it would make me crazy and i wouldn't be able to be in that relationship anymore. if my hubby ever cheated i know i could never look at him the same way no matter how much i love him or would want to...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ok so you are not together right? I am a huge advocate of therapy hon. There is no shame in going and sharing pain with someone trained to help. how did I handle it? well I cried, alot, and was angry and still am, at men in general in many ways. again counseling can help because hon one day you will meet a GOOD man,a nd you dont want the baggage to drag you down.(hugs) hang in there sweetie, the pain gets better-and hey, if he cheated, he wasnt worth it anyway. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Im gonna be honest with you..its hell. getting over someone and somethig like cheating.Some of the guys who have cheated I have fought with them, forgiven them and watched them do it again. it never changes how painful it is. I always question myself and what i did wrong..bu t i know it wasnt ever my fault. so i gave my self permission to grieve over an ended relationship and i walked away. But all of those times none of the men were even worth keeping around. Now if if my fiance now cheated it would be so different..there would be alot of screming and arguing but for me personally we'd probaly go to counsling and work it out. but thats up to you weather you want to stay or go. but don't be ashamed of letting yourself hurt.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 8:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If he doesn't even care that your'e alive,that is when I would go for a separation.No one has to put upwith any type of abuse.And I know if it were me,I'd move out.I know that if it was me,I wouldn't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me.Good luck sweetie.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 8:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I kicked..I screamed...I cried..I yelled...I went through the whole gambit if emontions. Then he had to go!!!! it took me sometime to get over it. I blamed him I blamed the other woman. but in reality I knew long before I confronted him. give yourself time. I know it sounds dumb..but it will hurt less and less as the tim goes on.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 11:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010