• In the Spotlight:

Why dont they fine these cocky, over paid pro athletes

If I was a coach, I'd fine my players every time they pranced or paraded around after a good play. THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE PAID THE BIG BUCKS TO DO! To make matters worse, they incorporate that crap in the video games.

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• well, they do have a penalty in football for excessive celebration so they don't do it too bad in the nfl. .... unless they want to get in hot water with their coach lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think they deserve every dime. Its a multi-billion industry. I'd rather the money go to the people who make the teams popular and sell the tickets/merchandise than every last dime go into the owner's pocket.

The dancing/prancing is about all that I find interesting in some games, lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Sorry, but enjoying that you did a good job is simply a part of basic human emotion... Maybe you should start rooting for the losing teams, then you won't see that so much.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Have you ever seen a pilot come out after a good landing & girate his loins in celebration? Or how about a teacher whose kids finally grasp a difficult concept? The garbage man doesn't high five his collection crew- I just can't stand it, you made a good tackle- now get back to the huddle. The classy players, like Jerry Rice, Zach Thomas, & many others who are humble about their jobs, don't act like idiots- they play the game!
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lol, i was a teacher for special ed and i would always give a high 5 or do my 'you got it' dance when they did well. i encouraged them to be excited too. my hubby is a dr. and if they have just saved someone from the brink of death they always do 5's or shake hands, etc. it's just showing excitement. is it just a problem for you because they're "girateing their loins in celebration?" i think you need to loosen up and enjoy the game
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wow- I'm not a prude here- ladies- ask your husbands- see what they think about Walter Peyton, Mean Joe Green, or Jerry Rice. Real class acts. No smack talk or working on their "icky -shuffle" -just on their skills to play the game well. If I'm still alone after that, then just call me old-fashioned.
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I never realized that was even an issue
    .JessicaRabbit.

Answer by .JessicaRabbit. at 12:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2010