I asked a question about being too opinionated on the abortion issue last week...

....i didn't have a chance to log on and check out your answers, so in regards to about 40% of the answers, it doesn't matter what the mother is going threw! There's a choice to give a child up for adoption if you're not ready, too young, etc. There is NO reason to kill a child. I was raped and have the most beautiful baby girl, she makes my life so much happier, and abortion NEVER crossed my mind, so the rape excuse...not such a good one.
So my question is, if you are Pro-Life can you please help me understand why?!?!

-and if you're Pro-Life, congrats!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not sure, but I THINK what you meant was:

"So my question is, if you are Pro-CHOICE can you please help me understand why?!?! ...and if you're Pro-Life, congrats!"
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• yes. that is what i meant. sorry. :D
    Anonymous

• I am happy that you chose to keep your daughter and that she is a blessing to you. However, it is not my place to tell another woman what she can or should do with her body. Each woman has her own life and the right to decide what she can and can not deal with.

I was a rape crisis counselor and women need to be supported, not judged by others for the choices they make. If a woman does not want to carry to term, do you think she's going to take the best care of herself and her child? Chances are not good.
    1funkymomma

Answer by 1funkymomma at 3:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'm pro-choice because it's not my body therefore I can't tell someone else what to do with their body. I wouldn't tell someone else to pierce their ears if they didn't want it. I wouldn't tell someone to get a tatoo. So why should I tell someone whether or not they should have a baby? Me personally? I wouldn't get an abortion...EVER! But that is MY CHOICE! That is my right as an American Citizen to make that choice! Those who want an abortion have that same right!
    Anonymous

• It's great that abortion didn't cross your mind, but you can't use your experience as everyone elses. There are worse things than aborting. Like giving birth to a child that you don't want. Abandoning a child. Not loving a child. Not that any of those justify abortion, there are still women that need to have access to safe abortions.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 3:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You say: There is NO reason to abort a child.
    Then you say: If you are pro-choice (correcting your error) tell me why.

What would be the point? You're setting up an argument, not a conversation because in your first statement you've decided that any response to your question is WRONG (not different, but wrong).

Additionally, as a very honest question to you: Why do you feel that you have a right to ask others to justify their beliefs to you?
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I am pro-choice because I don't feel I have the right to tell anyone what to with their body. I am against using abortion as a form of birth control but there are many reasons why someone might decide to have one. Is it an easy decision, never. I am glad you chose to keep your daughter but that was your choice. I have had an abortion but at the time I felt i had no other choice, would I ever get another one, no but that's my choice.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Touche Avarah! I agree, completely. You've already declared you are unreasonable, intolerant and unrelenting in your opinion. *OPINION* on the subject. You're not asking for a respectful discussion, you want to try to be king of the mountain and shove people around that think differently then you do. Thanks, but no thanks. I believe what I believe -- because its my right. I am only accountable to myself, for my own actions. Not you.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• OMG...this is gonna get bad!
    Anonymous

• Im Pro-Choice for everyone but myself. Im Pro-Life.

I believe its NOT my responsibility nor directive to tell others what to do, period. So I allow them their choice.

I personally, could not abort and would not(only time Id even consider it is if I was going to die and I had young children who needed me at home)..
    Anonymous