do you think its possible?

Do you think its possible to be in a relationship, merely to learn and grow from each other? And then at some point you realize that you both have learned everything needed and you grow apart?

Sometimes I feel like I'm with my husband to build him up. Make him realize what a great person he is. Pick him up when he down on himself. Get him to realize the ins and outs of life.
But I feel like.. I'm getting nothing.

I know he loves me, and I do love him, but sometimes I feel like its not a forever kinda meant to be.

How do you know when its time to leave a relationship?
Or do you believe more in "you made your bed, now lay in it and deal!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I believe that love is a choice and both parties need to work at it. If you marry someone you are making a promise to CHOOSE eachother forever. But if one person breaks their promise you can't force them to stay either.
    Elastigirl818

Answer by Elastigirl818 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes, I believe that sort of relationship is possible, and it's sad. I think it doesn't start out that way, but you sort of fall into a rut, and that's how it ends up. Or, it doesn't start out that way, but it just fizzles out, and neither person knows how to get out of it, they don't want to hurt the other person. You know that saying about how some people are in your life for a short time, some for a long time? Something like that. There are people in your life for reasons. I can't remember how it goes. I wish I did, I think it would fit here.
    But if you feel that this is where you are, then you should discuss it with your husband. If he feels the same way, then you should dissolve the marriage before you both really begin to detest each other. I am at a loss for words, detest isn't exactly what I want to say. But you don't want to stay in a situation that's going to bring to so far down that you can't see up.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, it definatly didn't start that way.. but as the years have drug on, I kinda wonder if we are only meant to be together so I can undo the damage that was done as he was growing up. I feel crazy!

I'm pretty certain he doesn't feel the same as me.. which makes these feelings of mine even more confusing and hard to deal with.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• There absolutely should be give and take in a healthy relationship. And of course he doesn't feel the same way, you're the guy doing all the work! Who wouldn't want to have an eternal cheerleader? My opinion, let him solve a few of his own problems. You don't have to say "I want to you to solve this problem because I'm tired of solving your problems", which would only cause yet another problem, just reserve your help and let him work on things. If you do let him work on things himself and tell him what a great job you think he did (provided he did a decent job), he'll start to do that more often.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I believe that every relationship isn't meant to go the distance. but u married him...something about him said forever to you then. but maybe u need an outlet. outside of him that helps you relax
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 11:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010