Genital warts.... adult content

So my SO recently found out he had genital warts.... he had to get it burned off.... We have a 1 year old son and I know they test you when your prego, but do they test you for that? I am scared now that I may have it too....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• You could ask for an HPV test.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• usually they do a hpv test when they do a pap smear. also a pap smear could give an indicator that you may have it. usually if you don't get the wart itself and just are hpv+ your body will fight it off over time and you'll be ok. you could ask your ob to do a hpv test though to be sure
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think they usually only test for it usually if you have an abnormal pap smear. Of course if you asked for it, they could do it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The only test for it if you ask for it. Or after you get an abnormal test.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Aldara Cream is a proven remedy for treating various skin conditions, consisting of Imiquimod, which aids in strengthening the body’s immune system to fight off infection. You can be assured that this is the best-known prescription medicine [to be used on the skin only] for treating Acitinic Keratosis [AK], superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma [sBCC], as well as external Genital Warts [GW] and Perianal Warts [PW]. This cream is not recommended for children below 12 for the treatment of GW or PW, and not meant for youngsters below 18 for treating AK and sBCC.

Source: emedoutlet
    Soleranz

Answer by Soleranz at 1:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2010