Is this normal after miscarriage?

Hello I had a natural miscarriage 6 weeks ago doctor confirmed I was 7 weeks pregnant & bled for about 7-8 days, I was devastated but I had the support of my husband & family & I was sad but was holding my head up, would have my share of cries & felt better. Well I was actually starting to hold up well & went back to normal, being intimate with my husband, hanging out you know keeping busy, but lately I've been feeling so moody, crying for anything, feeling tired but cant sleep, frustrated because my period hasnt come down, I snap at my husband for the smallest things & sometimes I dont even want him near me (poor thing he's such a sweetheart) I feel bad afterwards when I do snap, I dont know whats going on with me I just feel so moody & Im an emotional roller coaster.... Is this normal? did this happen to anyone after a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yeah, I was like that for a couple of months. I was afraid if he touched me I'd get pregnant again and loose it again. Silly, I know. I was told it was my hormones still out of whack. I got to feeling better about 3 months or so later. It was 5 years ago and I still get sad sometimes but it's dulled a lot, not such a sharp pain anymore. Just talk to your husband about how you feel, when you're calm, and tell him to bear with your moods for a while longer. It also took my period about 2- 2 1/2 months to come back.
    I hope this helps and that you get to feeling better soon. I'm sorry you have to go through this.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• In my experience It is definately normal to be moody after a loss. not only are you dealing with something emotionally (which you may not even realize its still an underlying issue) But your hormones are probably trying to balance out. good luck to you!
    bossyboots114

Answer by bossyboots114 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i would think its normal, its a pretty traumatic loss
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2010