tmi...more about guinea pigs..can you see their penis? adult content

i mean...should you be able to see it without having to hunt for it? I've just noticed what looks like a little penis on our guinea pig..im not sure though. Its crazy..its dragging the ground almost. I don't know if this is normal or if it could be something else. I mean..we have a male cat and i've never seen his.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pets

• You have to push on their groin and it will pop out. Normally it is not visible.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Is there a shaving stuck in him or a hair stuck on it? Maybe give him a bath and see if it retracts. I can't believe I am talking about a guinea pig penis.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• So basically, can you see a guinea pigs penis? I don't know, but this gets a bump for Most Unique Title of the Day, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Mine are the same way. None of the males have ever had that problem though. They do like to hump each other but that's about it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• OK, g-pigs crossed off of the "to buy" pet list. By the way, which color g-pig is typically larger?
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 10:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LMAO... I answered your message yesterday, but my piggies are females so my knowledge of penises is limited! As for size, breed has more to do with size than colour, and some of that difference is fur. One of mine is half sheltie (long haired guinea pig) and she looks huge, but a large portion of it is just fur. Most of them are between one and a half and three pounds.. three pounds is a big piggie! There is a wide variety of sizes even within a breed... out of my pigs the sheltie/american cross and the american and crested piggies have been larger than the abyssinian ('bed head' looking) piggies, but that might just be individual variations because I have seen some big abyssinians as well!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:45 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• could there be something wrong with him thats making it stay out or "hard"..lol
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yeah..i plan on giving him a bath tomorrow night. its been sticking out for about 3 days now. At first i thought it was some poo..but then i got to looking and its the color of skin. He don't like being held..well he does, its just catching him...he likes to give a chase. Hopefully i can get a better look tomorrow.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's more of a breed that is larger. The most common ones in the US are the American. The Peruvian ones are the ones that look huge. I have pictures of my pigs on my profile. They don't get to be too big. I think mine have been about 3 pounds, but she was pregnant with four babies.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2010