When did your baby sign back?

Interested in teaching DS sign language. For thoes that have signed with baby, when did they sign back for the 1st time??

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 9:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I remember correctly it wasn't until like 9 months - but it was multiple signs (milk please). And I'm pretty sure he understood the signs before he used them.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my 10 month old grandbaby started signing back regularly about 2 weeks ago.
    sharpjudy

Answer by sharpjudy at 9:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I dont think DS started signing for us until he was like 13 months. Each new sign he learned, he picked up faster and faster.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i have been teaching my DS sign (i work with individuals with a developmental dissabilities) since he was almost 4 months old, he knows now and can sign them when prompted please and thank you, go, and mommy/daddy, ride. food, more, cup/drink and dog, and i think the last one he learned was cat. he is 13 months but each baby is different, just sign what you say and they will pick it up like it is always what you do. to them it will not be a second language it will be like a part of a first for them.
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• My son was 8 months but we started late. A friend of mine's daughter was signing please at 5.5 months.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:42 PM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I think a little after 6 mos. or so...kept it going up to around 18 mos at which time she spoke so didn't need to sign. I LOVE signing with my kdis@!!! people thought I was nuts but it was amazing! Little to no frustration on the childs part b/c she could communicate her needs/wants
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 9:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2010