Is this normal after miscarriage?

Hello I had a natural miscarriage 6 weeks ago doctor confirmed I was 7 weeks pregnant & bled for about 7-8 days, I was devastated but I had the support of my husband & family & I was sad but was holding my head up, would have my share of cries & felt better. Well I was actually starting to hold up well & went back to normal, being intimate with my husband, hanging out you know keeping busy, but lately I've been feeling so moody, crying for anything, feeling tired but cant sleep, frustrated because my period hasnt come down, I snap at my husband for the smallest things & sometimes I dont even want him near me (poor thing he's such a sweetheart) I feel bad afterwards when I do snap, I dont know whats going on with me I just feel so moody & Im an emotional roller coaster.... Is this normal? did this happen to anyone after a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• first of all, I am so sorry for you loss, I have been through several miscarriages, and my heart goes out to you,, You actually might be PG!! But the feelings you describe are normal, but I would test to make sure,, here I was all worried about my own situation and realize how bad it really can be, the only thing I can tell you is to have faith and believe that you will be someone's mommy someday,, try your best to engage your hubby (they didn't have our hormones)!!!! God bless you and be patient, you have an angel in heaven, message me if you need to talk!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I felt the same way after I had a miscarriage. I'm sorry for your loss! It took about 2 months before my period came back, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. I'm sure your husband understands that this is an emotional time for you. Have you thought about talking to someone about it...a grief counselor, support group or even a pastor(if you are religious)? Sometimes it helps to talk to others who have gone through the same thing you have, it helps you to feel not alone and that you will heal from it.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Miscarriage is one of the hardest things to deal with, whether you have children or not. I had a miscarriage and a friend told me that it was "ok because I already had children." It is true, I did have children, but the hurt and pain of knowing what could have been and wondering what I did wrong was still there, and it hurt. Like any loss, only time will help. Eventually you will be able to go back to where you were, but take some time for yourself and grieve. Trying to keep busy and keep your mind off of it is not going to help. It will only make things build. Talk to someone let it out. BTW- A friend of mine had a miscarriage and a few weeks later it was confirmed that she was pregnant again. Maybe (trying to hopefully offer some good news) you are pregnant again. I hope all works out for you. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my first two pregnancies. My first was a missed miscarriage. After that one, I had the same symptoms you did. It took a few months for my period to come back and I was very, very upset and emotional about it. I lost the second baby with a regular miscarriage 8 months later. It didn't take nearly as long for my period to return that time, but the miscarriage happened earlier in the pregnancy. I wasn't as emotional after my second, mainly because I was too ANGRY to feel much else. My father had just died and my husband was deployed at the time.
    I agree that the best thing to do is grieve. It hurts. A lot. People can be ignorant, like krissy mentioned, especially husbands because they want so badly to help, but they have no idea how to take a loss like that either. I hope everything works out for you. Best of luck.
    Cams_Mommy_143

Answer by Cams_Mommy_143 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Thank you all for your comments all these comments have been so helpful you all are sweethearts may god bless you all, I love this site because everyone here so super sweet & supportive Thanks a million!!! =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• hey, i have been there 2 times now, both were 2nd trimesters, 16 weeks and 15 weeks, with both it is hard on both of you and yes you can be on a rollercoaser where one min you are so happy that you are spliting at your sides then something happens and all you can do is cry. it is totally normal. look on here for s suport group if you need too that is what i did and it helped more than talking to someone on the home side (non net) and if you need to go back in and talk to your dr about some options and if you want to when you can TTC again. most say after your first AF but others say as soon as the after bleed stops. and i agree there are a lot of people out there that think they are trying to be helpful but yet they are truelly not helping and if someone tells you that it was a bunch of cells tell them that it was not, that it was a baby. good luck and I AM TRULLY SORRY for the loss of an angel.
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010