Want to just leave the country,,lol What should I do? Made a bad career move!!!

I work in outside sales, and 18 months ago was recruited by my competitior to work for them, anyhoo to make a long story short, they promised the world and we are in huge finacial trouble, I have taken a second job, and cannot sell our house as we will be upside down, I was curious have you all ever made a bad choice, that could cost your family their stability?? I honestly don't know what to do,, any advice would be helpful!!!!!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 9:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• My DH took a transfer to Dallas just as the economy was about to flop. We put our home on the market and could not sell it for the several months before the transfer (the Govt. was still denying that we were headed for a recession at that point). So, we moved and left the home on the market. We were forced to rent it out and it got trashed. Long story short, ended up foreclosing over 1.5 years later. But we moved to one of the only prospering parts of the country, Dallas TX, so life is GOOD! Housing is cheap, DH was just offered a new opportunity, and we love it here! Don't let one decision get ya down, you may find it was a blessing in disguise ;-)

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Hindsight is 20/20.

I have made bad moves. I have made some good moves, too. If I was you, now, I would stick it out with your job as long as you have it. BUT at the same time, get your resume ready and start looking for another job. Good luck to you!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 7:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• If you haven't already done so, get your jobsearch in high gear

Answer by rkoloms at 10:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yes and I had to let a house get repoed. We had a second property that a person was supposed to be buying on contract. They stopped paying, and I couldn't keep both houses and eat.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010