Is sex important in a marriage?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I think so, yeah... IMO if you aren't having sex with your spouse (unless its for medical reasons or because you're separated due to work or whatever) then its most likely a sign of a deeper relationship issue
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• For me it is. I need that intimacy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes...........what kind of question is that???
    Momieuf2

Answer by Momieuf2 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Hubby and I think so.. If there isn't sex, intimacy, affection, chemistry, then you're just room mates IMO...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes ......It is very important .
    Nesquikbaby

Answer by Nesquikbaby at 9:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• it is very important to me, i love my hubby and I love making love to him ......
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 9:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• YES intimacy and chemistry is really needed in a marriage because if you don't have that with your man your relationship will slowly fall apart. That's why some men cheat because they aren't getting sexual attention. And if they are getting it and they are cheating then Cheating is just a severe disease for them.
    alexluck

Answer by alexluck at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it's important, but I don't know that it's the end all be all... There are some reasons that people have to go periods of time without having sex, and the marriage survives. I look to my parents - my mom is an ovarian cancer survivor - she had 2 years of chemo and then another of maintenance - due to her surgeries and the placement of her chemo ports - sex was not going to be a consideration for her and my dad. Granted they are not young, but they've shown me that it isn't just about sex it is about the great love that they have for each other. I have had some issues with sex myself after having the baby, but my husband and I talk about it and we cuddle and hold each other. You can have intimacy without the sex!!
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's not the most important thing, but it IS important where the ability exists. There are times when it's just not possible, and marriages that can survive without it.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It is important! It is about closeness and intimacy...men especially are physical creatures who need sex to feel loved, in a way. That is the way I SHOW my love to him, as wel as telling him....
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 9:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010