Daycare provider always has issues with my kids!

I'm so tired of my daycare provider complaining and giving parenting advice. I want to see if I can resolve this because I don't want to constantly move my kids around. My kids are fine. Pedatrician says so. She says my 2 yo should be in head start, thinks my 4 yo is ADHD, and everyday she gets worked up. It's always my kid did something to her kid. My kid called her kid a loser. Okayyyy puet her in time out. Now drop it! SHe's 4! She doesn't let it go! She thinks there is something wrong with my son because he is slow to speak. Doc says he's fine. Everytime my kid and her kid disagree it's always my kid was wrong. She lets her kids go to their friends house while my kids are there, then complains that they get upset because they can' t go with other kids. They are normal kids! Only go 2, 3 days a week! Only 5 hrs at a time! It's always something!! Please no comments like, don't do daycare then. Thanks! :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am a childcare provider myself and I think she sounds nuts. lol Sometimes we are in situations where our advice or knowledge is called for, but it looks like this lady is over the top with her opinion when it isn't necessary . I have 3 of my own and do not favor my kids over the others. A good provider doesn't. Drop her. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• this is why, i personally (i don't know your situation!) would not want to keep my kids with someone who is keeping their own kids as well. they won't focus on my kid, and there is no way to really tell how she is actually treating your kids day to day. it sounds like she has no experience at all. i know you don't want to move your kids, BUT i think if you find a quality, accreditted place (i know they are more expensive, but worth it) you will find this wont be an issue.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• She sounds kind of fruity,, I would switch daycares and do it ASAP,, no one should tell you that you shouldn't put your kids in daycare, I have to as well, but I think you better RUN away from this one as soon as you can, she might call SRS, if she feels "her" child is being treated poorly, I found an awesome lady who had grown kids, I honestly think it is best when you can find a provider who has NONE of her own kids at home,, good luck and huggles to you,,, and LOL maybe her kid is a loser!! just joking, but I have a 5 year old as well
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with iam, I wouldn't send my kids to someone who has their children there as well. And no, it is not a legal matter at this young age to be sharing a room. If that was the case the military would have to be giving housing with more bedrooms to families. When we had our second we were told they can share a room, no matter the sex, for the remainder of time at that post....anyways. I know you dont' want to be told to find someone new, but I would really look at finding someone who doesn't care for their own children. I assume you take them to her home. Maybe look at an actual center. And if price is the reasoning, seriously start looking elsewhere. This situation isn't going to change, sorry to say. She is who she is and you having a nice sit down discussion isn't going to help or change her.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• thats ridiculous and rude.. I get worried about that too - although we just started but my provider has 3 kids of her own and I tend to think that if I were to do daycare, I would probably favor my child over others, which is TOTALLY unfair but also why I don't do daycare - I think you SHOULD change to the person who wants to watch your kids, if she complains openly to you, I would wonder how she is actually treating them while in her care, you know?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• She went as far as to make a comment about how my 18 month old should not share a room with my 2.5 year old because they are opposite sex and it's illegal. My 4 yo had small toys with small parts she could choke on. We baby proofed the other room. Why do I have to explain myself?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would do that, BUT lol I have looked into it, for 3 days a week it is $550 a week for all of my kids. I own my own business so quitting is not an option. I am thinking I'm gonna have to change. I do however have a lady who is certified shaken baby, cpr, child developement and going to school to be a preschool teacher who want s to nanny them. I'm really thinking about it!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you children are not in a place where they are being lovingly cared for why would you want this woman caring for your child anyway? If someone was constantly complaining about my children I would certainly wonder about how she is treating them. This doesn't sound like the place for your kids. Is there another provider near you that you can take your children to? What about a child care center? While I understand you may want your children cared for in a home environment, sometimes centers are better for children because they have providers specially trained to care for children. I sorry for you for this situation. I hope you find the answer you seek.
    apaxton

Answer by apaxton at 9:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They haven't been there very long, so I'm kind of just thinking about the next step here! Believe me, I wouldn't let it get too far! Listening to the responses I am agreeing maybe a change is better. I just didn't want to move them if I could resolve it. She used to work daycare at a center, so I figured she'd know what to do. She has a lot of experience. We can't always tell if someone's going to deliver what they say until they are put to the test. I just said too, for two to three days in a center for my kids is $550 a week. Not an option at this time. If I had one child I would.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yeah, I think the whole, having her kids at home thing is something to look out for next time! They have been in excellent home daycares out here before! A lot of people continue their education, have their entire basements turned into a daycare center, etc. It's actually very common. I am looking at a few places right now. :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010