i know i ask this ? before about my daughter now it is 100.7 when do i take her in to er if it gets worse is it 101 or 102

nakita72

Asked by nakita72 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That's still considered low grade. I would go at 103 personally. If you haven't given motrin and tylenol I would do so know. As long as you can break the fever every few hours you should be fine. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What else is going on? Earache, sore throat??? I was always under the impression, call the doc at 102,, go to ER at 104... IDK , but if she is not able to breathe well, or vomiting alot, go ahead and take her, just a fever and a stuffy nose, give her some tylenol and try and get some rest!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Above 103 I would go. I have a baby sick right now and I asked the pediatrician when should I get worried, he said if it around 104 to call him, 105 is dangerous. Remember if they are sick a fever is trying to fight off the infection. Just keep her hydrated with water and clear fluids.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no nothing else we went swimming yesturday
    nakita72

Comment by nakita72 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• like pp said, give motrin or tylenol. i wouldnt take her in yet either. especially if it has just set in. however, if it has been a few days with this fever, i would take her in.
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i gave her motrin at 6 and its 9 now where i live in florida she is sleeping right now im thinking it might be from swimming yesturday the sun was just too much for her and the heat
    nakita72

Comment by nakita72 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• have you given any meds at all??? If not , do so and see if it is better, she might have a bit of too much sun!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I used to be the Office Manager of a pediatric group on 5th Avenue (NYC), and our rule was >101 that is not adequately responding to Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen; or if it is responding but illness has lasted 10 days or more (barring any other major symptoms).

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yeah, I agree with the 10 days or more thing too! For sure! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My ped said 104 is concerned for more than 2 days. Give tylenol or motrin.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010