Did you or your child get the Swine flu? Are you getting the flu shot?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• No, no and no.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• One of my boys got it. The doc said I had it, but it turned into an upper resp. infection. Yes, we did get the shot after that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm not going to get a shot... I've never had the flu in my life so I'm not going to get a shot to prevent it
    My husband has to get shots because he's in the Army
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No. And yes we will all be getting the regular annual flu shot...I am a teacher (nuff said!), my husband is a national sales director and travels frequently, and neither of us can really afford to be sick with the flu for a couple of weeks, AND take care if our children if we were to contract it! We can and would be able to take time off to care for our children, but if we can help it, we'd like to give them and us every opportunity not to get it!

Prior to my working as a teacher, I never got the flu shot, and never got so much as a head cold every 5 or so years. It's purely precautionary.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nys wouldnt allow testing for the swine flu last year but we are pretty sure my dd had it, she was 2 months old. No we most likely wont get it this year.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We didn't, luckily. My son was too young to get the shot. I'm not sure if we will this year or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter and husband contracted H1N1 last summer. They were sick but not too bad. She gets a flu shot because of her asthma, but my husband is allergic to something in the flu vaccine and he gets violently ill. I don't know about my other daughter yet because it is her first year of school.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No and no
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm pretty sure I got it last year. I think my husband brought it home with him from Texas, lol. I seem to get the flu every year and have never got the flu shot, and I'm going to have two toddlers and a new born this winter and so I really can't afford to get sick, so we're all getting the shot. Hubby has to because he's in the Air Force.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Last season, I got it, and all my kids got it. Do I plan on getting the shot? Absolutely not.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010