Does anybody know best place to get carpet at a reasonable price and what kind?

I am looking at getting new carpet for a couple rooms and stairs dont have an idea where to atart. want to get it before baby comes. had pets and well the carpet we have sucks and what kind.

rachel66

Asked by rachel66 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• Look for remnants! They are the big chunks left over at the end of a roll and often big enough for entire rooms! They are discounted because you don't get to pick the size. But that's the best advice I can give, just ask each carpet place you go to if you can see the remnants and the sizes will be marked on them.
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Good ideas for large piece remnants. I big share of the expense of carpet is installation. I put up a ad on Craigslist and get back lots of response. I usually pay $3 a yard and $3 a stair. Ask for references and check them. Often installers have good padding for about half the price of stores. I usually pay about $1.50 a yard for 6 lb padding. Good luck.
    Do not pay until the job is complete and checked out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I personally love berber carpets, they hold up well. Dont' have the vacuum lines. Look in the area you live in, at all the different places. Ask about their sale items and just tell them you want to spend as little as possible. They are all about making a sale at any business.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• here's a bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2010