Would this make you stop co-sleeping with your baby?In

In Dallas County, Tx. alone over the past yr. 63 deaths have been reported in children under the age of 1 yr. 52% of these unexpected deaths were caused by bed sharing.

zoolady12

Asked by zoolady12 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 100% why i dont. and i guess with a few other reasons.... sad
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• nope. I am more aware of my child if they are in bed with me. I dont do any drugs or drink so I know its ok, and a lot of those cases are because of people co-sleeping while on drugs and alcohol!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No it would not. I am an informed co-sleeper, I have done much reading about how to do it safely.

If it keeps people from doing it, then they should not be doing it anyway. Obviously, they haven't done their research.

Co-sleeping is safe when done right.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• A very close friend of mine lost her niece that way. Her sister fell asleep with her daughter and rolled over and smothered her. It does happen! I REFUSE to sleep in the same bed as a child under the age of 1!!!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• nope i still co-sleep with my son and he is 15 months old. if i felt that i got into to deep of a sleep or it was an issue, i would of stopped - but it never was.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yea, many of those cases are with people who drink or are on meds that make them sleep hard. I always slept with my babies until about 4 months, and was always very aware of where they were every moment. Also, moms who sleep with their children often save their babies life if they stop breathing in the middle of the night. he chance of SIDS is much lower if you co-sleep. If you are concerned, buy a co-sleeper basinet thingy...they attach to the bed, but you are unable to roll over on them or anything.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 9:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nope. Many babies die alone in their own cribs as well. When I co-slept, I did it safely.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• OP... do you have a link?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No. When I was co-sleeping with my daughter, if she breathed any differently I woke up. I never slept with cover, or a pillow. I woke up at least 60 times a night, every night. She felt safer to me when she was in bed with me than when she was alone.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No. Like Sleeping Beauty said it can be done safely
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 9:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010