gassy baby

I have a 6 week old baby and I exclusively breastfeed. He's pretty much always been gassy. I do drink soda... Not sure if that could cause it or not... Is there anything I can do to help with the gas? I'm trying gas drops tonight.

My second question: today his poop is green and seedy, not yellow and seedy. I don't remember this happening with my first until he started eating babyfood. My oldest, yesterday had diarrhea and his poo is still loose (paste like) could my infant have caught a tummy bug from big brother? Or is green poop still in the norm? (His farts are pretty rank also)

alinker

Asked by alinker at 9:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• caffine soda or carbinated soda, yes will affect him. I would do a very bland diet - very little dairy cheeses - plain chicken and veggies/ salads for a couple weeks and see if that makes a difference. My son had NASTY gas and constipation/ discolored poop and found out at 13 months he was lactose intolerant so another reason to try to hold off on dairy - good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Soda will bother him. Green poop is okay.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• mylicon gas drops. they will change your life. just be ready to be shocked at how loud the farts are that will come out of your little baby! dd is ebf and had terrible gas when she was little (she is 6 months now and doesn't use the drops anymore).
    you can pick up a store brand of drops for pretty cheap. just be sure to give them regularly and daily for them to be effective.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010