How many times have you been a brides maid and what did you do with the dresses afterward?

I have 4 brides maid dresses sitting in my closet.

Courtney610

Asked by Courtney610 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 3 times. I donated all of the dresses to an inner city school so they could be used as prom dresses.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I've been one 3 times - one dress I used during high school for my choral and band concerts since we had to have formal dresses; one is still in my closet at my parent's house - it was hand made and so it's in storage; and the third dress I had altered to be t-length - i've worn it for chaperoning the high school i teach at homecoming and prom. If they're in good shape - and you don't want them - there are organizations like Princess for a Night in our area - that provide dresses for girls for homecoming and prom at no cost and you could donate them.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Donated the one I bought at Goodwill and Sold the one from David's Bridal on Craigslist
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Only 2 times. Once for my sister and once for my best friend since high school. I think I have away the dresses to 2nd hand stores. I really don't remember.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Twice. For my best friend's wedding she told us to buy a brown dress, They didn't have to match or be too formal. I have worn that dress several times. The other is a big red dress from davids bridal, I used it as a Halloween costume last year, but will never wear it again. I think I am going to donate it to a prom dress for disadvantaged girls organization in town. They collect dresses and clean them and give them to girls that would not be able to buy a dress.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have been a bridesmaid 3 times. One dress I have worn many times because it is a black dress, which can go with anything. One I actually made into a set of curtains for my twin daughters' room. The other is in my closet but now I might go sell it on Craigslist because someone else just gave me the idea! :)
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 9:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• once I put it in our garage sale - then it didn't sell so I donated it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Three times - twice as a child & my mother tossed the dresses. Once as an adult but we didn't get to wear dresses - it was a JP.

That said, I keep all that stuff! I still have my prom dress in my closet!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• once. and when i got home from the wedding i peeled that thing off and threw it in a box, which almost a year later it is still there. lol it wasn't a bad dress just don't have a need to wear something like that again.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Only twice. I ended up donating the dresses to charity- one was not something I would ever choose to wear again, and one didn't come close to fitting anyhow because I was in the wedding two weeks after having a baby and was not anywhere near pre-baby size at the time.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010