WOULD YOU BE MAD?

Hubby just came & told me that he was calling an old female friend. while Im not mad that hes calling an old friend... Im upset because when I call guy friends I get the third degree, & evil looks......

this isn't the first time its happend.

lilmoosesmom

Asked by lilmoosesmom at 9:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• i would be mad about the double standard, glad that he was honest, and bothered/curious why he feels the need to look up old female friends all of a sudden.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Yea, it should be equal...if he is calling girls, you can call guys. In my home neither of us call anyone of the opposite sex unless it is business related or family, and we also have no friends of the opposite sex.
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 10:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It should be an equal two way street.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would not be mad if he called a friend of the opposite sex, especially since he told me about it, but I would be irriated if he tried to stop me from doing so.
    We both have friends of the opposite sex, but we don't hang around them or talk to them without the other knowing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes - double standards make me mad-
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I dont mind the whole him having female friends. Not at all. Im sure enoug in the marrage to know that he loves me. I just want it to be fair..... (I only have one friend thats a guy that calls me anyway. Or did until his wife got wind of it & threw a fit. Even though she was the one cheating.. Sighs.)

The last time he did this, he gave an ex is number, & i found out becuase he left his computer up & we made an agreement that no ex's would have new numbers... His answer was for me to give my ex my number. (No thank you having him on fb is more then enough.)
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree it should be equal but I also think that both parties should be allowed friends of the opposite sex. My husband and I both of have friends of the opposite sex and neither one of us gets jealous or questions the other about it.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 10:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• it should be equal but yes
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It should be equal. My husband and I do not talk to old exes or people that we know once had feeling for us. We also do not go out alone with the opposite sex. It's just respecting the other person.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• thank fully he called her on the house phone(( && With his ex, the funny thing about it I met her & I really like her shes a great person... & we have become great friends.))
    lilmoosesmom

Comment by lilmoosesmom (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010