Breakfast/Lunch Suggestions????

Kind of at a dead end with meal making. Any suggestions on breakfast/lunch meals for a 15mth old??? Thanks.

Allie120

Asked by Allie120 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We're lucky, our 14 month old eats whatever we give him - I usually give him the enriched whole grain baby cereal for breakfast during the week and we have pancakes or waffles or eggs on the weekend. For lunch it's chicken or mac and cheese with a vegetable unless we're out and about somewhere and have to go out for lunch, then we find something on the menu that works for him.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• How about fruit shish-ka-bobs with yogurt? I used to do this with my son back in the day. I'd slice bananas, strawberries, cantaloupe, etc.. and put it on a shish-ka-bob stick (with ends dulled) and give a cute (*Simba) cup of vanilla yogurt (dip) on the side.
    *It was 1994-1995.. lol!
    I also had some Disney cookie cutters that I would use to make cute shaped sandwiches with.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Oh she eats EVERYTHING, Im just stuck on what to make. Like, I would love a new idea. Thanks for the response.
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• NICE!!!! Thats a great idea that I havent done before!!! SOOOO doing that this weekend:)
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/ has some great fun foods for kids. I also like making "ice cream" for breakfast (sneaky chef recipe)- 1-1 1/2 c of frozen strawberries or blueberries, 1/2 c milk, little bit of sugar or honey to sweeten if desired, blend in food processer it and it comes out about soft serve ice cream consistency. My kids think they are getting ice cream and it is just frozen fruit and milk! I sometimes throw in some powdered milk for a little extra protein. google "sneaky chef" or "Missy Chase Lapine" or buy one of her books and you will find lots more! We also do her french toast strips for breakfast or lunch a lot. basically a regular french toast batter but you mix in a far of baby food sweet potatos. It actually makes the french toast sweeter and really yummy!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• great idea, I am def going to check it out! thanks!
    Allie120

Comment by Allie120 (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• hey thanks frattwinmama I'm going to bookmark that page :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2010