How do I tell my husband, i'm going to start studying wicca?

My husband is very close-minded about religion...he hates it so much he doesn't talk about it. We usually don't seeing as neither one of us have religion, I have recently felt a calling to Witchcraft and want to began my studies but how should i explain this to him. I want him to take me seriously but i'm not even sure how to bring the subject up. He is pretty understanding for the most part, I"m just not sure how he will take this...any ideas on how to start the conversation?? or how to tell him??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'd think it would be pretty smooth-going since he doesn't really have a religion that he follows.

If it were me, I don't think I'd even initial a conversation with him about it. You're wanting to look into Wicca & learn more about it at this point... not just dive into it w/o the info, right? So... just go get some books or whatever & start your research. If he asks, tell him you're looking into it --- seems pretty interesting. I don't see how he'd take issue with that.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I was pretty blunt and flat out said I'm gonna study Wicca. he said ok and it was rarely mention again. As long as you make it clear you're not going to "recruit" him, or question him about it, he shouldn't have a problem.

rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 3:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My situation was a little different since I became Wiccan before we got married. You could maybe casually bring it up in a conversation, "did you know so-and-so is Wiccan? Seems kind of interesting to me" or however it is that you have been introduce to it "i read in this book" "saw on a show" etc.

For my mom, I took her out for lunch and just brought up some of the new things I was finding and then just told her about Wicca. For me, there was a lot of "help" because without me knowing she'd just read the Davinci Code and was interested in some of the concepts in the book.

Good luck to you!
    amygrims

Answer by amygrims at 5:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Me too, I was pagan long before we met but if it were me I would just tell him this is what I am doing... You don't have to like it but you do have to accept it. THis is what I want to do and I am going to doit... If he has questions panswer them (as well as you can) or lead him to a place where he can get answers.

I can lead you to some great sites if you want that will give him some non-bias yet factual incormation... Those usually go over better than the clearly "made by pagan" sites!

Blessed BE!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I think if he loves you as a person it really should be a pretty easy thing to bring up. I mean he doesn't need to participate or anything, you just want to let him know that you're checking it out. So I might do what Laura suggested and just go buy yourself a book on it and tell him that the subject intrigues you and you want to learn more about it. I hope he'll just say, "ok" and that'll be more or less the end of it, until you get more into the practicing of it (if you choose). And then that brick will be laid when you get to it.

Blessings to you!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• UMMMM...just me wondering...but if he is your HUSBAND.....cant you just say anything to him however you want to? I dont get these questions about how to tell my husband blah blah blah...I thought that when you married someone you could act say and do whatever you wanted in front of them...??? JW??
    Anonymous