Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Revised Child support question my bad.

I live in NY, he lives in PA. We have a court order for support and visitation, she lives with me period, he has visitation, he pays me child support period. All of this has been set in NY. He just moved to PA about 2 or 3 months ago and as far as i know doesn't "legally" live there address wise. So, this is where we live and it is ordered that we can't move outside of our county for whatever reason.

Answer Question

Asked by kbishop8688 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 16 (2,730 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • What is the question

    Answer by mamaofficer at 10:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • Don't you have court dealings in the state that the child resides in.

    Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

  • I think it has to do with the county where the child was residing when the papers were initially filed.

    Answer by BluDog at 3:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

  • If I understand this correctly, you are asking if your payments will change because of where he lives now. In most cases, it goes by where the child lives with the primary custodial parent. Or if there is a significant change in his income.

    Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.