How many of you consider yourself QF?

How many of you consider yourselves Quiverfull?

In other words, how many of you do not use Birth Control and instead leave the number of arrows (Children) in your Quiver (family) up to God?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Quiverfull all the way!!!! Expecting #9 in April and couldn't be happier!
    Cross531

Answer by Cross531 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We are not completely QF even though we have had 4 kids in the last 5 years! lol We our a one income family with 6 kids total (12,8,4,3,2, 11mo). Our money is VERY tight. but God provides all the time! We have a house pymt, van paymt and the monthly bills to take care of those and that is it. No credit cards. I do surveys, diaper studies, and other things to help. Our food bill is kept to about $450 a month, I shop Aldi's and use coupons and shop smart. if we want it, we save for it. It can get hard at times but Then we just get creative! People do not need to have a huge income to raise a family, they just need to think before they spend. We try to be "green" too. We recycle, reuse, by pre owned (clothes too) we except hand me downs, use what we can and then share with others. We also have a home garden this year to help with the food bill. It is all in your priorities, do you want things or people in your life. Your choice
    crazycrew5

Answer by crazycrew5 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with what someone else said. God gave me the ability/power of free thinking. We chose to have my tubes tied for specific reasons. We did what was best for our family. But I do agree with what you said as well. God will provide for us all! No matter what our choices are.
    mommyeast4

Answer by mommyeast4 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We are quiverful. We have been blessed with 4 children (1 in heaven) and look forward to being trusted with many more. I am 40.
    Jacare

Answer by Jacare at 11:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We're not. We both decided that two kids was the right number for us. The world is so overpopulated already, we had two since there were two of us. Replacements for later on in a sense. Nothing against families who choose to have more, it just wasn't the right choice for our family. But, when I see large families I have to wonder what kinds of job the father has to support them (since all of them I know have SAHMs). One is a foster parent so they actually get state money for most of their kids (nothing wrong with that IMO), other famillies have a father who is a judge, a lawyer, an obgyn and a chemical engineer. I'm wondering how families on smaller incomes make it with a large family.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yep, we're quiverfull. We have 13 biological children all between the ages of 1 and 17, and are expecting another little one in January.

Here's the story of how we afford them.

http://muttersmeanderings.blogspot.com/2010/07/our-storythe-long-version.html
    MutterVonVielen

Answer by MutterVonVielen at 10:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• NOT ME!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• happy ME! ME! ME! We are :-)

hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Tube tied ;)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010