Nursemaid's elbow?

Has anyone's child had nursemaid's elbow. Did their arm continue to hurt after it was popped back in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well my son had it, but he fractured his arm at the same time. did they do a x-ray to see if it was fractured too? but once you dislocate a joint and they pop it back in there should not be any more pain. he wore a cast for like 6 weeks and now it's fine.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter has had it twice and I don't believe there was pain afterwards. She did favor it for a bit but I think only because she was expecting pain. How long ago did it happen?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• A few hours ago. They took x-rays and nothing was on it. She's using it, but still kind of keeping it close to her body and focusing on her left arm to do things. She's right handed. :(
    lizzeh

Answer by lizzeh at 11:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son's elbow did this about 3 times. I think it's a little sore after. By the third time, his elbow popped back in by itself.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ouch sounds painful
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2010