What's the worst place you ever worked???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 10:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Its a toss up between fast food and a coffee and pie shop. All the college girls got the good waitressing jobs at the pie shop and I was a glorified bus girl. I ran around and cleaned tables, served coffee and whatever else the waitresses needed, and they never gave me a tip for any of it. That was a life lesson that I would never forget!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• perkins was horrible because of my co-workers and the horrible managment, a place called don's bar and grill was bad because of don the boss, provident bank was boring...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My first job was a housekeeper at a hotel when I was 15. It was awful. People can be really gross.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Macys. The security practically stalk you inside and outside the store.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Jailer at the county jail! NEVER again!
    Gene_Godwin

Answer by Gene_Godwin at 12:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I second the housekeeping at a motel ~ Just God awful ~~!! I'll clean my place thanks.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 10:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Braums, I stll hate scooping ice cream.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My first job was at a fast food place in high school. It wasn't so bad except for the fact that the managers were crack head 30 something year olds that still thought they were kids. I was the most mature person there, made for some long shifts. lol
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Pizza Hut, mostly because of the mgmt. When I get crap for letting a customer sub plain buttered toast for garlic toast because "we're too busy", there's something wrong.

I worked as a housekeeper in a hotel for a while, it wasn't bad, not the best job, but if you had a good partner the days went by quickly enough.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• would be a toss up of a few:

I loved the work I did at this one company but the "team leaders' were HORRIBLE! Mine hated me because her bf (who also worked there) said "HI" to me my first day.. she went so far as to sabotage parts that I did to try to get me fired. I finally quit for a better job.

I hated the restaurant I worked at because I was low seniority and half the time got stuck busing tables or hosting because one of them would call in sick (which meant if I had a babysitter that day I actually LOST money!!)

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010