in need of help.....

my contractions are 10 mins apart, and its hitting my back and i have pressure down in my pelvis. its getting stronger. i spoke to my midwife and she told me since its my first baby, if the contractions gets til the point that i can walk or talk anymore then to call her back. am i going through the first stage of labor? please help!

demelina12

Asked by demelina12 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do anything you can to keep your mind off of it. jam to some music. play cards. do some nesting. blow bubbles. do whatever you an to get your ind off of it and make time go by faster. good luck and congrats your finally in the home stretch of meeting your little angel :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It could be labor. Go for a walk, take a warm bath, or lay down and drink plenty of water. If any of these things make the contractions slow down, it's most likely not labor. If the contractions stay the same or intensify, things probably look promising! Good Luck!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had this for a few days before I had my first. The best advice I got was to stop timing them until they were really painful. If you are beginning labor, they will begin to hurt soon or your water will break!
    Go to a movie, take a walk downtown, walk around the mall- just do something to take your mind off of timing the contractions.
    What worked for me was coloring with crayons in a coloring book (so lame, but really relaxing and time consuming)
    Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• hands and knees position can help take the pressure off your back. walking will make your contractions more intense, but not so much closer together. good luck :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would suggest taking a hot bath, walking, rocking on your hands and knees or sitting on a birthing ball. Good Luck Momma. I hope you meet your little one very soon.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ouch
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 12:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• good luck and do what ever your body tells you to do to feel comfortable, ask you SO/DH/BF to rub your back while on your hands and knees it will also help with the begining contractions. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    mommything03

Answer by mommything03 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2010