Help!! Potty training issues!

Ok so dh and I have been working really hard to get our dd potty trained. We have been soo incredibly patient as frustrating it is. We have tried everything (or atleast it feels like it) to get her to feel motivated. She turned 3 in June and we have baby #2 due in february. About a month ago she randomly started only peeing in the potty and only in the potty. Refused to wear a diaper except for bedtime. So before this she would randomly poo in the potty and tell us when she was going and everything. Now that shes peeing she refuses to poo in the potty. We dont understand. I sit and read and read and read to her. She poos alittle in her panties then we sit with her on the potty and she refuses to go. She also doesnt stop what she is doing nor does she tell us when she poos now. Please any suggestions im tired of washing poopy panties and dont want her to go back the other way by pushing her too hard

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son turns 3 in Nov and we have a smiliar problem except he won't even go pee in the potty more than a handful of times a week - regardless of what method we've tried..l I get tired of moms saying how easy it is or the 3 day method or how embarressing it would be to have a son his age and not potty trained.. I have tried it all too -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• tell her to go potty by herself and if she goes pooh she will get a prize. don't stay in the room with her- but offer her a book to look at. praise her when she does go pooh in the potty. if she goes in her pants. say nothing except "poo poo goes in the potty". dump the solids into the toilet and then flush them.
    Go to a second hand store and let dd pick out some books/prizes for when she goes pooh. don't let her have them unless she goes. put them in a drawer that she can get to (so she will maintain interest in the prizes). let her look at them and remind her what she needs to do to get the prizes.
    also, make sure she has a stool to get up to the potty on (let her pick one out if you don't have one already).
    hope this helps! Good luck- and congratulations on baby #2!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i am having a hard time with my boy too!!!
    don't feel bad!
    at least your daughter leaves her poo in her undies!
    my boy rips off his diaper, or pull up or undies...creating a huge mess! he walks in it, touches it, slides down the stairs, slides down the slide outside...leaving a trail where ever! i would be happy to just wash undies at this point!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's very common for them to go back and forth. Have you tried not having her wear anything while she's at home. I stayed home almost an entire two weeks straight and had a potty trained 3 y/o boy with no accidents, I wasn't as lucky with my other two, but it was still a push forward. You have to watch them like a hawk which usually means to just play with them all day. Set an egg timer for every 30 minutes and ask her if she needs to go. If she says no, take her word for it and try again in another 30 minutes. She may be trying to gain a little control over the situation. I know it's insanely frustrating! I'm sorry. It will happen. ((hugs))
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 10:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Take her panties off and let her run free and naked. See how that works.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Just a few suggestions..make her stop what she was doing when she had the accident and make her clean it up. No it won't be perfect but it's her mess make her responsible for it. By the way this tip comes from a pediatrician. Take away the diapers, put a waterproof pad on the bed if you have to but no more diapers, they are for babies. Tell she is going to wear big girl pants, let her go with you to the store and pick them out. Put all the "ownership" of this on her. Be very matter of fact about what you want her to do and follow through on whatever consequence you set for when she doesn't do it. No talking about it, no pleading etc. Not saying it will work magic but it will work. Be patient and calm and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how she responds.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• bumped for ya!!! GL
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 22, 2010